Transfiguration cartridges are masters of natural musicality. The exclusive patented yokeless ring-magnet generator construction places the moving coil at the focal point of the magnetic flux field leading to a new level of focus and natural resolution due to the reduction of phase errors generated by the magnet-with-pole-pieces construction of other cartridges.
The Transfiguration Orpheus is a new generation yokeless moving coil cartridge whose incredible sonic capabilities make significant contribution to the state-of-the-art in analog recording reproduction.Many LP lovers would consider the golden age of recorded music to be the 1950's - 1970's. This was when recording companies could afford long-term contracts with the leading artists and groups, afford the time for extensive rehearsals and trial recording sessions, indulged in little or no complex multi-channel mixing (which so often distorts natural musical timbres and perspectives and causes phasing distortions) and took a real pride in producing premium quality pressings.
The moving coil cartridge has become to be accepted internationally as the ultimate transducer of these and other fine analog recordings. However, despite increasingly sophisticated cartridges being developed there remains a number of aspects that place a ceiling on the quality of the reproduction: the prime cause being the yokes and pole-pieces of the magnet, which focus the field around the coil.
The yoke system is unable to focus the full power of the magnet into the coil affecting both the strength and the accuracy of the signal. The resulting distortion inherent in most moving coil designs shows as a high frequency rise, ringing and a high level of both distortion and tracking distortion.
There is also a masking of the frequency response, especially in the high range. The inter-relationship of magnetic field and coils is simply too "loose". The magnet and coils are too far apart to be able to capture the very subtlest details. On the other hand, very dynamic passages tend to cause coil saturation, especially if the coils are wound on formers. Increasingly powerful magnets, or special coils, bodies and suspensions, are in themselves no solution.
"Accuracy" defines precisely the ability of a cartridge to recreate the original recorded sound. Greater accuracy provides more of the music - the direct sound, and the myriad of recording environment subtleties that are the intimate detail. Ultimately, a more musical sound.¬ Indeed, it seemed the ultimate moving coil design was already with us. Only to be continuously re-refined.
Now, in these final days of the glories of analog, there is a whole new frontier to the music of recorded music.¬ A new concept, a single assembly that replaces the vast and costly magnets, the magnetic-field-dispersing yokes and the coils suffering from variable magnetic influences that typify all other moving coil designs.
Coils inside the magnet
No magnetic irregularities
Coils at the crux of magnetic focus
Intimate coil/magnet coupling
Low internal impedance
Elegantly simple body design
1. Unique ultra grade SS-µ-metal core for coil assembly. ®Newly developed ultra grade SS-¬µ-metal square core increases sensitivity by 35dB, improving the signal to noise ratio and eliminating a usual source of distortion.
2. Special 7N copper coils. A newly developed 7N copper wire used in the coils eliminates a common source of distortion and increases transparency.
3. Push-pull damping. ®A special quality compound has been meticulously designed and fabricated to provide total stylus/coil alignment and control. Its non-sensitivity to temperature change keeps the damping co-efficient stable and improves trackability.
4. Anti-resonance cartridge body shape. ®A resonance controlled 'simple' design for lower tonal colouration and a new-generation image.
5. Boron cantilever. ®Newly developed rod for a more natural sound.
6. Low mass tip. ®Ogura PA (3 x 30¬µm) tip. Its function is to reproduce the character of the original recorded sound - not add or subtract its own deficiencies.
7. Ultra tight magnet-coil coupling. ®The coils are not just close but literally right inside, with coil-magnet proximity of only a few thousandths of an inch. With the precision magnetic field focusing possible only with a ring magnet and superbly accurately wound coils, the ultra tight magnet-coil coupling enables far greater electromagnetic efficiency.
8. Dynamic mass minimized and coil saturation eliminated. ®Much faster, more accurate stylus response to groove formation. Rising dynamics or sharp transients never mask detail.
9. Twin coils on cantilever fulcrum. ®Ultra low dynamic mass and mechanical impedance for instant, accurate reaction to every groove detail, including the ability to handle massive transients without overshoot or break-up.
Technical Specification Transfiguration Orpheus
Type:Yokeless double ring magnet moving coil
Stylus:Ogura PA diamond
Core / coils:Ultra grade SS-¬µ-metal square core with 7N copper coils
Electrical output voltage:0.48mV (3.54cm/s, 1kHz)
Frequency response:10Hz ‚" 20kHz + 1.5dB,¬ 10Hz ‚" 40kHz +2dB
Channel separation: 30dB (200Hz ‚" 10kHz)
Channel balance: 0.5dB at 1kHz
Dynamic compliance:13 x 10-6 cm/dyne
Recommended loading: 3‚ohms
Recommended tracking force:1.8g
Providing your item is in stock, the order is usually dispatched within 24 hours. Please remember that postage and packing is completely free for orders over £50*. Out of stock items will be dispatched as soon as they become available, out of stock items can take between 4 to 21 days for dispatch.
Deliveries usually take 1-3 working days. The majority of orders are sent via our couriers'; Interlink Express on a next-day-delivery service. Smaller, low value or light-weight items are normally posted using Royal Mail Recorded or Royal Mail Special Delivery.
Once your product has been dispatched, you will be notified via email and sent a unique consignment number, you can use this number at http://www.interlinkexpress.com to check the status of your delivery. If you have provided a mobile telephone number, Interlink's Predict service will notify you by text (and email) of a one-hour delivery window. If the window they suggest is inconvenient, you can change the date of delivery to a later one via text or email.
*We ship free of charge to mainland UK addresses, excluding the Scottish Highlands or 'Out-Of-Reach' Scottish locations. Please consult the post-codes below to see if your location falls within this category. If you are still unsure, please contact us on 01432 354921. We also ship to Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Scilly Isles, Scottish Isles and Scottish Highlands, however delivery to these locations will incur a charge and can only be sent via a 2-day service.
|Shipping Costs||Mainland UK (Next-Day)||Offshore/Out-of-reach (2-day)Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Scottish Islands, Scilly Islands||Republic of Ireland (2-day)|
|Under £50 Orders
|Over £50 Orders
|Saturday by 12 Delivery
Post codes exempt from the free delivery service include:
Scottish Highlands Post Codes: AB30-38, AB41-42, AB44-56, FK17-99, G83, IV1-28, IV30-39, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-33, PA34-40, PH15-26, PH31-41, PH49-50
Islands Post Codes: HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3
Northern Ireland: All BT postcodes
Channel Islands Post Codes: JE, GY
Scilly Isles Post Codes: TR21, TR22, TR23, TR24, TR25