Enquire Contact form
Musical Fidelity M6 DAC
Here on offer is our ex-display unit in perfect condition, boxed with warranty - black finish.
The design brief given to Musical Fidelity’s product development team was a simple one…………..to design an all new reference DAC that would complement our ‘full size’ M series product ranges. Building on our reputation of class leading products such as the M1 DAC, the team has delivered the stunning M6 DAC (pictures attached).
Dual differential Delta-Sigma 8x over-sampling 24-Bit/192kHz DAC
2 x COAX inputs (up to 24bit/192kHz, galvanically isolated)
1 x AES/EBU balanced input (up to 24bit/192kHz, galvanically isolated)
1 x USB input (up to 24bit/192kHz, asynchronous and galvanically isolated)
1 x Optical input (up to 24bit/96kHz)
1 x Bluetooth V 2.1 apt-x receiver (up to 24bit/48 kHz)
The M6 DAC has single ended and balanced audio outputs as well as digital outputs (COAX, optical and AES/EBU).
All input level sensitivities are individually programmable (for perfect gain matching from different sources) fully adjustable from the M6 DAC remote control.
We believe that a DAC’s sound quality is closely related to its technical performance. The more data retrieved the better.
All our measurements are made on a Rhode and Schwarz UPV. The THD is very low. At 10kHz it is less than 0.0012%. At 50kHz it is 0.001%. These are outstanding measurements by any standard. Linearity is ± 0.3dB down to -120dB. The signal to noise ratio is also outstanding at - 120dB.
The M6 DAC has a dual mono-bloc configuration. There is a separate dual differential DAC for each channel. The selected sample rate converters re-clock all data and are, in themselves, asynchronous. All inputs therefore are asynchronously re-clocked and up-sampled to 24bit/192kHz.
The power supply is ultra-low noise and encapsulated for maximum isolation. In addition, the M6 DAC has choke regulated smoothing and 32 polypropylene capacitors for perfect decoupling and isolation.
An increasing number of music lovers are storing their music on phones and other portable devices such as tablets. The M6 DAC has a very high quality Bluetooth apt-x receiver. We have designed this module to have its own separate power supply. Interestingly, we take the I2 S from the module straight to the sample rate converters. We believe this to be unique! The combination of apt-x and our coupling system yields unexpectedly high audio quality from the much maligned (but incredibly convenient and even more universal) Bluetooth system. Also there is something magical about transmitting music from your phone/tablet/laptop straight to your hi-fi system. It’s fun!
Line level outputs
- 1 pair line level RCA (phono), left and right
- 1 pair line level XLR (balanced), left and right
- 1 XLR AES balanced digital in, 32-192 kbps (16-24 bit stereo PCM)
- 2 RCA coaxial SPDIF in, 32-192 kbps (16-24 bit stereo PCM)
- 1 TOSLINK optical in, 32-96 kbps (16-24 bit stereo PCM)
- 1 USB 2.0 in, type ‘B’ connector for computer/PDA/other “host”
- 16-24 bits, 32-192 kbps fully asynchronous
- (Actual data determined by source file/computer software settings)
- Bluetooth specification v2.1 + EDR-
- aptX 16 bit 44.1 kHz
- Carrier frequency 2.402 to 2.480 GHz ISM band
- Transmission power -2dBm (min) to +2dBm (max)
- Class 2 (up to 30M (90ft) dependant on connected device)
- Receiver IF frequency 1.5 MHz centre frequency
- Antenna socket type RP-SMA
- Antenna input impedance 50 ohms
- 1 XLR AES balanced digital out, 32-192 kbps (16-24 bit stereo PCM)
- 1 RCA coaxial SPDIF out, 32-192 kbps (16-24 bit stereo PCM)
- 1 TOSLINK optical out, 32-96 kbps (16-24 bit stereo PCM)
- Trigger input: 3.5mm (⅛”) mono jack ±4.5 to ±15V DC
- Trigger output: 3.5mm (⅛”) mono jack 12V DC
- Mains voltages 90-250V AC 50/60Hz universal switching power supply
- Consumption 10 Watts maximum
- Unit only, unboxed: 3.4 kg (7½ lbs)
- In shipping carton & inc. accessories: 4.1 kg (9 lbs)
- Wide: 440 mm (17”)
- High, including feet: 102 mm (4”)
- Deep (front to back) including terminals: 380 mm (15”)
- Mains lead: 10 Amp IEC
- Antenna and detachable base with lead
- Personal computer driver CD: 192 kHz Asynchronous USB Audio support driver for Windows XP, Vista and 7.
- Remote Control: M6 DAC type
- Batteries: AAA type (2 off)
Providing your item is in stock, the order is usually dispatched within 24 hours. Postage and packing is completely free for orders over £100*. Out of stock items will be dispatched as soon as they become available, out of stock items can take between 4 to 21 days for dispatch.
Orders are sent via our couriers' DPD on a next-day-delivery service and usually, take between 1 and 3 days.
*We ship free of charge to mainland UK addresses, excluding the Scottish Highlands or 'Out-Of-Reach' Scottish locations. Please consult the post-codes below to see if your location falls within this category. If you are still unsure, please contact us on 01432 354921. We also ship to Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Scilly Isles, Scottish Isles and Scottish Highlands, however, delivery to these locations will incur a charge and can only be sent via a 2-day service.
- Press & Awards