Through intensive listening tests, Project have experienced that different materials transmit their own specific resonating fingerprint to the acoustic result in the playback process. With a specially developed measurement process, all acoustic effects on sound are now totally comprehensible.
As a result of higher mass the resonance amplitude turns out to be lower – using combinations of different materials resonances become more diffuse and specific resonances less apparent. RPM 10.1 chassis is the result of our research. Chambers filled with sand and metal lead to high mass and dampens all resonances effectively.
The platter is also very heavy. The advantage of high mass can result in higher rumble of the main bearing. To avoid the decline of sound, magnets make the platter almost float on the inverted main bearing with its ceramic ball and plate. All other design features are well known from the highly acclaimed RPM 9. Bass dynamics and overall calmness are clear advantages compared to all other turntables of the Pro-Ject family. This product comes with Project 'Ground-IT Deluxe' accessory.
• Chassis, motor housing and granulate filled equipment base Ground it deluxe piano-lacquered dark grey
• The equipment base Ground it deluxe rests on four individually height-adjustable magnetic field feet.
• A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives the platter's outside edge via a belt.
• The medium density fibre plinth stands on three height-adjustable Sorbothane®-damped aluminium cones.
• Granulate filled plinth guarantees constant damping. A supplied spirit level allows easy adjustment.
• The motor is mounted in a separate metal housing to eliminate vibration transmission.
• The resonance-optimised platter is a sandwich construction utilising an acrylic platter weighing 5,4Kg and a brass record puck.
• The magnet supported (amount of support adjustable), inverted bearing uses a stainless-steel axle carrying a ceramic ball on which the ceramic bearing plate runs.
• Central metal block optimises centre of gravity and damps main bearing.
• Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your taste through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw. A standard cable is provided.
• External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
Tonearm Pro-Ject 10cc Evolution
• The headshell and armtube are fashioned from a single piece of carbon-fibre.
• Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections.
• Inverted tonearm bearing comprises four hardened stainless tips in ABEC7 spec ballraces.
• Rings provide very solid arm bearing housings. The massive outside ring is open to avoid resonances.
• Sorbothane®-damped counterweight effectively counteracts unwanted resonances.
• The counterweights supplied are suitable for cartridges weighing between 4 - 6g, 5 - 8g, 6 - 10g or 8 - 14g. An alternative counterweight for cartridges weighing between 15 - 20g or 16 - 22g is available as an accessory part.
• Counterweight shaft lowered to record level reduces cantilever forces and dynamic wow when playing warped records.
• Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracing angle).
• Single-screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell.
• Silicone-damped armlift can be adjusted to suit working height of the arm.
• The internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from the headshell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets.
Cartridge sold seperately
Please note that this turntable is a special order item. Call for details.
|Nominal speeds||33 / 45 r.p.m.|
|Dust cover||Pro-Ject Cover it optional|
|Motor in separate housing|
|RCA phono sockets|
|Sorbothane-damped aluminium cones|
|Central metal block|
|Granulate filled plinth|
|Ground it deluxe 3 supplied|
|Granulate filled equipment base|
|Tonearm||Pro-Ject 10cc Evolution|
|Carbon-fibre headshell and armtube|
|Effective tonearm length||10 " (245mm)|
|Effective tonearm mass||8.5g|
|Supplied counterweight||cartridge weight 4 - 6g, 5 - 8g
cartridge weights 6 - 10g, 8 - 14g
|Optional counterweight||cartridge weight 15 - 20g, 16 - 22g|
|Downforce range||10 - 35mN|
|Speed variance||±0,5 %|
|Wow and flutter||±0,01 %|
|Signal to noise||-73dB|
|Power supply type||Mains-fed outboard power supply
220 - 240V, 50 cycles or 100 - 110V, 60 cycles
|Output voltage||16V/500mA AC|
|Dimensions in mm (Width x Height x Depth)||480 x 210 x 330mm|
|Weight||14,5kg + motor unit 2kg|
There are no reviews for this product yet. Be the first to write a review.
Providing your item is in stock, the order is usually dispatched within 24 hours. Please remember that postage and packing is completely free for orders over £50*. Out of stock items will be dispatched as soon as they become available, out of stock items can take between 4 to 21 days for dispatch.
Deliveries usually take 1-3 working days. The majority of orders are sent via our couriers'; Interlink Express on a next-day-delivery service. Smaller, low value or light-weight items are normally posted using Royal Mail Recorded or Royal Mail Special Delivery.
Once your product has been dispatched, you will be notified via email and sent a unique consignment number, you can use this number at http://www.interlinkexpress.com to check the status of your delivery. If you have provided a mobile telephone number, Interlink's Predict service will notify you by text (and email) of a one-hour delivery window. If the window they suggest is inconvenient, you can change the date of delivery to a later one via text or email.
*We ship free of charge to mainland UK addresses, excluding the Scottish Highlands or 'Out-Of-Reach' Scottish locations. Please consult the post-codes below to see if your location falls within this category. If you are still unsure, please contact us on 01432 354921. We also ship to Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Scilly Isles, Scottish Isles and Scottish Highlands, however delivery to these locations will incur a charge and can only be sent via a 2-day service.
|Shipping Costs||Mainland UK (Next-Day)||Offshore/Out-of-reach (2-day)Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Scottish Islands, Scilly Islands||Republic of Ireland (2-day)|
|Under £50 Orders||£7.50||£12.50||£15.00|
|Over £50 Orders||FREE||£19.99||£29.99|
|Saturday by 12 Delivery||£35||N/A||N/A|
Post codes exempt from the free delivery service include:
Scottish Highlands Post Codes: AB30-38, AB41-42, AB44-56, FK17-99, G83, IV1-28, IV30-39, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-33, PA34-40, PH15-26, PH31-41, PH49-50
Islands Post Codes: HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3
Northern Ireland: All BT postcodes
Channel Islands Post Codes: JE, GY
Scilly Isles Post Codes: TR21, TR22, TR23, TR24, TR25