Enquire Contact form
Marantz NR1609 Slim 7.2 AV Receiver
4K HDR compatible
Built-in Heos streaming for all your Spotify, Tidal & tune-in needs
Bluetooth & airplay compatible
Dolby Atmos enabled
MM Phono input for turntables
The new Marantz NR1609 AV receiver has a slim profile that doesn't sacrifice performance for looks, the NR1609 7.2 AV Receiver supports immersive, object-based audio and the latest HDMI specifications. Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X will allow you to enjoy movies through three-dimensional audio. Watch your favourite movies and television shows in 4K 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, BT.2020, HDR and Dolby Vision. You can also enjoy your favourite music services via Bluetooth (apps such as Tidal, Spotify and Deezer etc.), airplay or through the Heos app. You can control the NR1609 with your voice and through Amazon, Alexa downloads the HEOS Home Entertainment skill and ask Alexa to play, pause or stop the music, switch inputs for your different media players, turn up the volume and more.
The NR1609 features a high-current, discrete power amplifier section, you will get exceptional sound and the latest formats for movies and music with identical power on all of the seven channels (each channel has 90W per channel). The slim profile is half the height of any traditional AVR while delivering the dynamic sound quality which Marantz excel at.
Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos. Enjoy a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and two additional overhead speakers or two Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theatre experience — including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content. DTS:X immersive audio formatting places sound where it would naturally occur in space, creating life-like, multi-dimensional audio. The included spatial remapping engine of DTS Neural:X™ offers improved immersion and heightened realism in all of your favourite movies.
Built-in HEOS technology lets you enjoy your favourite music in any room of your home for a wireless, whole-home audio experience. Play the same song in every room or select a different song for each connected room — the choice is yours. Enjoy music from Spotify, TuneIn, Sound Cloud, Tidal, Napster, Deezer or your local music file libraries. With additional HEOS components, like HEOS-capable speakers, play all your music in one room or many.
- Now available – control with Amazon Alexa voice commands.
- Slim profile that’s half the height of a traditional AVR delivers exceptional performance and sound quality
- 7-channel discrete power amplifier, 90W per channel
- 8 HDMI inputs and an ARC output — including one input on the front panel — with full HDCP 2.2 support
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 colour resolution, HDR and BT.2020, plus Dolby Vision compatibility and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG)
- Supports object-based audio formats Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X processing
- Ability to decode high-resolution audio ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz — plus, DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks let you enjoy music exactly as the artist intended
- Built-in HEOS wireless multi-room audio technology
- Amazon Alexa voice control via the HEOS Home Entertainment skill
- Stream the most popular music services — like Spotify, TuneIn, Deezer and many others — via Bluetooth, AirPlay or the HEOS app
- Integrated Phono input to directly connect your turntable
- Optimize your audio experience with Audyssey MultEQ, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ for a seamless setup within your listening environment
- Setup assistant, advanced GUI and Marantz 2016 AVR remote app for an easy out-of-box experience
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual-band support
Who is Marantz?
Marantz is one of the world's most famous hifi brands and was started in 1948 by New Yorker, Saul Marantz, an amateur musician and audio enthusiast who was dissatisfied with the amplifier products available at that time. He decided to build phono pre-amps which could handle all manner of recording equalisations popular in the day, and his friends persuaded him to build them one too. This quickly took all of Saul's time, as he was overwhelmed with orders - the Marantz company we know today was born.
Power 90 watt x 7 channel (6 ohms) Analogue Inputs 3x RCA high Analogue / digital tuner FM / AM Digital Inputs 8x HDMI (HDCP2.2, eARC), 1x Optical, 1x Coaxial, 1x USB, Bluetooth Phono Inputs 1x (magnetic cartridge) Speaker Outputs 7 Analogue Outputs 2x Subwoofer Digital Outputs 1x HDMI Network Wi-Fi dual band (2.4 / 5 GHz), LAN, AirPlay Power Consumption Standby 0.2 watts (with CEC 0.5 watts) Dimension BxHxT 440 x 105 x 376 mm Finish Black or Silver Gold Weight in kg 8.1
Providing your item is in stock, the order is usually dispatched within 24 hours. Postage and packing is completely free for orders over £100*. Out of stock items will be dispatched as soon as they become available, out of stock items can take between 4 to 21 days for dispatch.
Orders are sent via our couriers' DPD on a next-day-delivery service and usually, take between 1 and 3 days.
*We ship free of charge to mainland UK addresses, excluding the Scottish Highlands or 'Out-Of-Reach' Scottish locations. Please consult the post-codes below to see if your location falls within this category. If you are still unsure, please contact us on 01432 354921. We also ship to Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Scilly Isles, Scottish Isles and Scottish Highlands, however, delivery to these locations will incur a charge and can only be sent via a 2-day service.
- Press & Awards