Rega Planar 6 Turntable
Free UK Delivery
Voted "Best Turntable £1000-£2000" - What HiFi 2017 / 2018 / 2019 / 2020
- NEO power supply with electronic speed control. -
- Super lightweight foam core plinth, New Polaris HPL (high-pressure laminate). Non-marking finish -
- Available in one finish ‘Polaris Grey’ matt finish with high gloss black polymer edge trim. -
- Upgrade white drive belt fitted as standard. -
- Custom dual layer smoked/clear float glass platter. -
- Patent-pending, ultra-low friction central brass hub. -
- Rega’s double brace technology, with integral custom, matched aluminium tonearm and hub pillars to ensure maximum rigidity and accuracy. -
- RB330 handmade precision tonearm with custom stainless weight. -
- New high spec Rega 24v low noise synchronous motor – each motor matched by hand to its own NEO PSU ensuring optimum anti-vibration control. -
- New aluminium foot trims and Planar style feet. -
- Available with an assortment of fitted cartridges from the Exact, Ania, Ania Pro. -
- PS1 AC adaptor supplied -
Rega Planar 6 Turntable
The Planar 6 has one goal, to reproduce your vinyl as accurately as possible. Rega has engineered every aspect of this turntable to extract as much detail from the vinyl surface as possible. Advanced materials and engineering solutions have been used throughout the design to ensure the greatest level of performance. The Neo PSU offers electronic speed change, advanced anti-vibration control and user adjustable electronic fine speed adjustment only found on the RP10 until now.
The Rega Planar 6 is built around the massive success of the RP10 and RP8 turntables. It is the first new Rega turntable to be constructed with Tancast 8 polyurethane foam core plinth (an ultra-lightweight material developed for the aerospace industry). This material is sandwiched between a newly developed HPL (high-pressure laminate). HPL is incredibly thin whilst extremely rigid and is presented in Rega's stunning Polaris matt grey finished with high-gloss polymer black edge trim.
The Planar 6 now benefits from a machined single piece aluminium sub-platter, a new 24v motor hand tuned and matched to its own NEO power supply and custom drive pulley fitted with our upgrade drive belt as standard.
The Neo PSU uses the RP10 DSP (digital signal processing) generator built upon a high stability crystal. The DSP generator will divide the accurate signal from the crystal to the exact frequency required to turn the platter at the selected speed. The DSP generator will also produce a near-perfect sinusoidal waveform to drive the motor. This, along with an efficient drive amplifier, generates a 24V AC balanced signal of less than 0.15% distortion, which is completely un-affected by any changes in the mains/line voltage and conditions. This then drives the turntables anti-vibration circuit, which is situated beneath the turntable.
Who is Rega?
Rega is a specialist hifi manufacturer based in Essex, UK and is renowned for developing and constructing some of the most highly regarded turntables (as well as cartridges and tonearms), electronics and loudspeakers available on the hifi market today. Rega was founded in 1973, and have honed their craft over many years of being a leading brand in every category they put a product to.
Here's our unboxing video we did of the Rega Planar 6
|Tonearm||Hand assembled RB303, with stainless steel balance weight|
|Motor||24v low noise motor|
|Platter||Dual layer float glass platter|
|Bracing||Phenolic (lower) and metal faced (upper)|
|Power Supply||TT-PSU power supply electronic speed change|
Providing your item is in stock, the order is usually dispatched within 24 hours. Postage and packing is completely free for orders over £100*. Out of stock items will be dispatched as soon as they become available, out of stock items can take between 4 to 21 days for dispatch.
Orders are sent via our couriers' DPD on a next-day-delivery service and usually, take between 1 and 3 days.
*We ship free of charge to mainland UK addresses, excluding the Scottish Highlands or 'Out-Of-Reach' Scottish locations. Please consult the post-codes below to see if your location falls within this category. If you are still unsure, please contact us on 01432 354921. We also ship to Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Scilly Isles, Scottish Isles and Scottish Highlands, however, delivery to these locations will incur a charge and can only be sent via a 2-day service.